Vaccinius

Thursday, 17 April 2014

I am Vaccinius

| #poem | -

I am bilberry, blueberry not.
Solid feel of the ground I have got.
Not the bush, but the heather I feel
I reliably am making real.

A great current I really am not.
Where I am, there is being a lot. I have conquered the forest a lot.
And, says God, who both berries will host,
it is bilberry which tastes the most.

[Corrected July the 28th 2014 at 21:25.]



At dVerse today, Brian Miller wants us to write "self-portraits". And I call myself Vaccinius. As you might know, "Vaccinium" is Latin for bilberry, and for blueberry also.
I have put a link to this post on the blog hop of "dVerse" | here |.

7 comments:

  1. :) this made me think of the manna in the desert...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that where your name came from? that is cool dont think i have ever tasted a bilberry...its always good to have a firm foundation as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..liking the heather better than the bush strong statement... I do love currants and blueberries raspberries and huckleberries , strawberries..have not heard of the bilberry and will look it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah...confidence always tastes better...lovely lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you used the bilberry and explained its connection to your name. Thanks, Anders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to know you are blueberry and bilberry both..as i did not know the meaning of vaccinius2...in fact i notice now..i never noticed before the i at the end with us..as before i thought it was only us....AS vaccinus as in vaccines...but bilberry is better ..i presume....

    ReplyDelete

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸

Time on this blog is Norwegian time. ♫♪ 

Mark, and copy/paste:

🙂   😊   😌   😃   😄   😛   😶   😐   😟   😕   😮   😪   😉

💛   💚   💙   💜   💔   👍 👎   🌹   🌷   🌼   🌸   💐  

🌞   🌙   ⭐️   💧   🌈   👒   🎩

Welcome be to leave a message, 
serious, or just for fun. ~ 
Kindly do no harm or damage: 
State your name. And kiss The Son.